Sunday, March 3, 2013

YOIKES!

After reading my last post that is really all I can say.....YOIKES!  There I was saying that I needed to get better at this "blog thing" and write on a more consistent basis and I go almost 2 months without a single entry! Yoikes!

Not much to report on the adoption front.  We are now number 15 and didn't move at all last month. Both Jana and I still think a lot about our impending adoption but have to be honest and acknowledge that most of our time these last few months has been spent getting ready for the baby in the belly.  Jana is 36 weeks, almost 37 weeks pregnant come tuesday and if I am not speaking out of place, she is ready for the pregnancy to come to the finale.  Personally, I think Jana does pregnancy very well but as we approach the finish line I can completly understand how woman look forward to sleeping on their bellies again, eating whatever they want, and essentially just having their bodies back.  There has of course been betting on when baby in the belly will make her appearance.  The due date is March 26th, but given the bumpy road of this pregnancy (it's surprising start, a resolved placenta previa) I have my bets on an earlier arrival as opposed to an ontime or late one.

All things are set for the new addition this month.  Room is done, Callie's old bottles, diapers, toys unpacked, and final arrangements are coming in place this week for our expected home birth.  We look forward to having Jana's aunts Bev and Steph, as well as my mother assisting with the birth.  Since Jana's sister Leah is also expecting (due date 2 days prior to Jana's) Jana's mother will be in Wisconsin helping with Leah's delivery.

(Jana-8.5 months pregnant with her mother Renee)


As we approach one finish line of growing our family Jana and I have tried to enjoy some of the last weeks we will have alone with Callie as a family of 3.  Trips to Disney with family, a day at the Strawberry Festival, vacations to the keys with grandparents, and even just quite days at home have kept us busy with Callie.  She says she is excited about seeing and meeting the baby in the belly.  I am positive she will be a great helper as we begin again at the starting line with diapers, broken sleep cycles, and bottle feeding......I guess good preparation for it to start yet again this coming summer when we bring home baby in Africa.......YOIKES!!!!!


 
Jana and Callie on the Teacups at the Magic Kingdom (January)


Callie watching the sunrise in Isla Morada, Florida-on vacation with Grandma and Grandpa Esden


 
Callie and Jana watch another sunrise toegether in the Keys!
 
 
Callie and Me on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!  (Yes she road that)
 

2 comments:

  1. Yay for an update! Love you guys and can't wait to see you and meet the new baby in a couple of months! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Praying for the just-at-the-right-time delivery of your sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete