Thursday, September 20, 2012

...and then there were.......5

...so by now most know our exciting news......after much surprise Jana and I are biologically expecting.  I guess that is a good way to put our current situation.  We are very excited to announce that Jana is pregnant and we expect a "new new" addition to our family around April of next year. This was a complete surprise to us.  After months of failed attempts to become pregnant we had set out on our path of adoption and were (are) very excited to see what this adventure will bring.  Never a dull moment in this house....I guess we should have expected something like this to happen :)

We have been eager to share this news with everyone but like most decided to wait until Jana was 12 weeks pregnant.  Although it was hard to bite my tongue and keep the secret this gave us some time to put together how we wanted to answer the question that we knew was on everyone's mind and the one that most certainly comes up whenever we break the news......"Now that you are expecting are you going through with your adoption?"  I won't lie and say that it wasn't something Jana and I had to discuss.  We had always pictured our life with a family of 4 and with only 2 kids....two private school educations to pay for.....2 kids fit nicely into our cars.....one adult to one kid etc.  And outside of this, how would this new format offset the balance or formula for our adotive child?  Would this make the process more challenging? Would it make it harder for the adopted child?  In the end the truth is we had already pictured our life as adoptive parents, and to change that felt like something was missing, like something had been taken away.

We look forward to the next 6 months and to keep you all updated on Callie, baby in the belly, and baby in Africa!  I have a feeling there are gonna be a lot more Blog posts to come!

Eric and Jana

1 comment:

  1. Instant vollyball team - okay, maybe not "instant" but pretty exciting nevertheless.

    ReplyDelete